Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thinking of 9/11

With the 10th anniversary of the attacks of 9/11 in just a few days I am remembering our recent visit to New York City. I remember seeing Ground Zero and I was surprised there is still construction at the site and in the surrounding area.

Since we're going to the lake for the weekend (& internet is iffy there) I thought I would post a couple of pictures I took on that visit before we leave.


Ground Zero
If you look close you can see a banner on a building in the back.


This ship, being welcomed by Lady Liberty, was bringing in the team that took down Bin Ladden. Later we saw the guys at the top of the Empire State Building when they pointed to the ship and said it was theirs. We told them we saw them come into the harbor that morning. They said they weren't actually on the ship that morning, they were being interviewed when it came in.


Love to all "my fellow Americans"  (and the rest of you too) as we remember those who lost their lives that day.



1 comment:

  1. I bet that was pretty humbling, both seeing Ground Zero and the men who took down that animal. Nice shot of the Statue of Liberty!

    ReplyDelete