Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back to School

Today was the first day of the quilting class I take with the North Orange County Adult Ed. It was funny that so many of us were there early and as excited as kids to get back to it. I admit that I don't make everything the teacher, Lyn Brown, offers in the class, but there are lots who do.
I was first introduced to this class by a friend who told me that they do so many projects, not just quilts, and that Lyn gives lots of patterns. Boy, was she right!

This is our new project for the fall semester. It's called Logs! I'm gonna make mine from my stash so it will probably be scrappy. I don't have many purples so I may use colors in a different way.  I think I'm going to just go through the planned colors and see what changes I can make so it works for me. Or maybe just use anything and everything without worrying about the colors.
If you want to make this quilt with us check it out here: Logs! The pattern will be given free on her blog - like a quilt-a-long.



We do so many fun things in that class. Check out Lyn Brown's blog here: http://lynbrown.com/   
She has lots of free quilt and craft patterns so check back a bit, plus some of her older patterns she sells here: Lyn Brown's Etsy page.


I know that I don't need another project, but I have plenty of fabric to make this without going shopping so why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment