Saturday, June 9, 2012

On The Road Binding Quilts

Yesterday we drove and drove, from Louisville to Oak Grove (east of Kansas City, Missouri). Today we're on the road again; on our way to Denver. We probably won't make it but we'll get somewhere close. Heading west we need to stop a bit earlier, because the sun is in our eyes.
No stopping  for sight-seeing or shopping for souvenirs. But I did finish the binding on another quilt. That makes five so far this trip. I brought seven quilts that need the binding sewn down and I've finished five. I have one week to do the last two, and they're kinda big so I better get with it.


This one is called Logs because it has all the log cabin blocks.
Lyn Brown designed it. Check out her blog at http://www.lynbrown.com/ 

Here's Mai Tai's in Paradise, from the Quilt Cruise.
Designed by Bonnie Hunter.
Mine is totally scrappy, but check out Reagan's cruise quilt here:
She gave lots of thought to her colors and border.




1 comment:

  1. Love your Logs quilt! Those pineapple blocks make it sizzle! Nice! And WOOHOO......you've finished Mai Tai's in Paradise! Awesome! I still haven't made a back for mine, but you've give me the little kick in the butt I needed! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete