Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Random Thoughts

Yesterday was the first class of the new sememster for the quilt class at the Muckenthaler - a cool old mansion. Fun things are planned and the first one will be called Solar Power. It's a Lonestar pattern, but done the modern way - not the way I learned in the 70s. If you want to see what we do in that class check out the teacher's website:


There are lots of fun patterns here. Check out the Tea Towel purses.


Also, I did sign up for the quilting cruise in the Caribbean at the end of August. I don't have a roommate yet, but have confidence I will find someone I know. If not they will try to hook me up with someone.


I'm looking forward to 'Road to California' next week. It's a quilters convention and it's something I've been doing for years. I always have fun.

Right now Ray is waiting for me to finish this so we can go workout at the gym. We are doing great  - I've lost 24 pounds - and he's lost about double that. So we keep going!

More later,

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the weight loss, both of you!!! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete