Sunday, August 5, 2012

Catching Up

Well it's been almost two months, but they've been full.

First we had two family reunions.
Ray's family met in the Sacramento Delta area on June 23, so we were off for another road trip. This time Julie and the girls joined us. We had a great time meeting with the family and getting caught up on what's happening.
Then my family reunion was on June 30, not far from where we live, so it was back home again.

Our 4th of July was small because Marcy's husband Oscar was still feeling sick and Marcy was working (her third day at a new position). By this time we were all getting very worried about what was wrong with Oscar because he had been sick for so long. It wasn't until July 6th that they finally found out that he had a blood infection and it had been there long enough that it had caused heart damage. Even though they started out talking about surgery there was some hope that antibotics would clear the blood and hopefully repair the damage.

So Ray and I decided to go ahead with our trip to Washington.
Julie came to stay with Marcy, but I have to say that it was one of the toughest things I've ever been through to be so far away as the results kept coming back that Oscar's blood infection probably got in through where his widom teeth were coming in and that he was not only going to have to have the heart surgery, but he was having his wisdom teeth out too before the heart surgery. We flew home and were there for heart surgery day.

Everything about his surgery has been as good as it gets. They said the surgery would last 3-6 hours - it was only 3. He didn't need a blood transfusion. They said he would go home in 10 days; he went home on the 6th day after surgery. Everyday he gets better and better; always forward never back. Yes, he's lost some weight, but he looks really good. And Marcy and Cesar (his twin brother) are taking very good care of him.

Surgery Day

The other day we were visiting him and listening to his heart; it sounds different with the new valves. We were remembering the crocodille in Peter Pan who swallowed a clock: Tick-Tock Croc. Then we were calling him Tio (uncle) Tick-Tock.

The good thing is that he was home from the hospital before Marcy's birthday (he was concerned about that) and with Cesar's help they planned a small surprise party for her of their closest friends. Nice.

Julie and the girls are here for their last summer visit and we're having fun!

Other news: we have a new washer and dryer! I love it!

I'm going to leave you with some pictures I took in Washington when Kathy and I took a walk in Dagualla Bay and Wetlands area. The one above was taken during a storm, I stood on their porch until I could catch the lightening.

Path along the bay.
The tide was up so we couldn't walk by the water.

This little guy followed along with us.

Then his friend came up on the other side.

The bay; the sun decided to come out.

 The wetlands on the other side of the road.
Lots of birds here.

Eagle #1 on a rock in the bay.

Eagle #2 on a telephone pole.

Eagle #3 on another pole.
They were all talking to each other.

Other birds

We're hoping to get back up there for more of a visit in the next couple of month. Meanwhile, we're glad Oscar is doing so well and are looking for a full recovery.

1 comment:

  1. It is good that you have found the time to update, I enjoy fallowing your travels but it is great to have you back home.