Sunday, August 26, 2012

For the Halibut

Ray went to Alaska to visit his friend Brian who now lives in Homer. Jerry went up too and the guys spent some of their time together fishing. Ray brought home a huge box of halibut!! Yeah!!

Here are some of the pictures that Ray took while there. I let him take my older camera and then wondered if I shouldn't have given him the newer one so his pictures would be better, but as you can see he got some great shots.



 



Eagles

Halibut fishing capital of the world!

Moose in the woods

More than one moose in the meadow

Love the reflection here

Ray and Jerry

Brian and Ray

The catch for one of the days

The view where Brian lives
 
They had a great time and I have a freezer full of halibut, so I'm a happy girl!
 
 
Other News:
While Oscar improves every day, Marcy is back to work today. Here's hoping her first day back to what was a very new position goes well.

And right now Julie and family are hoping that Tropical Storm Isaac doesn't head their way. They've cancelled school for tomorrow so right now it's just a waiting game.

I've been spending quite a bit of time in the sewing room these days working on those UFOs. I've sorted through those that I no longer want and have found homes for them. And I have been planning the next projects too.




No comments:

Post a Comment