Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wow, Feburary is gone!

I've been meaning to get my pictures posted from Whiskey Flats Days at Kernville. It's amazing how quickly the days go by even when you're not really doing anything. This weekend is my guild's Quilt Show and I've been doing a few things for it, but somehow if I don't just really concentrate on something I don't get much done. The main thing I've accomplished this week is more work on my hexi quilt. It is a pretty big undertaking so I'm not gonna feel bad about the dust in the corner - not right now anyway.

Well, Ray's back is out today and I need to finish up a few last minute touches on the door prize baskets for the quilt show, so it seems like a good stay at home day. Plus, now I have to do the cooking - hehe.

But before I get to those baskets (see I'm getting side tracked) I wanted to post a couple of pic of the owl's nest - amazing!

Check out this cliff next to the road.

 Look closer at the crack.
 See the nest
 See the owls

This was so cool but the wind was blowing so hard that it was hard to hold the camera still. Cathy went back the next day, when the wind wasn't blowing and got a much better picture.

Isn't it great?


After these, the pictures of a small town parade aren't much so I'll spare you. Happy leap day!

1 comment: