Saturday, February 4, 2012

San Diego, etc

A few days ago we decided to take an overnight trip to San Diego with our friends Kathy  & Jerry. On the way the guys had to check out this 'road kill' at the rest stop. Ray has been looking for a Jeep to replace Wiley Jeep at the lake, but they decided this one needed too much work.


We stopped to have a look at the campground at Carlsbad.
Beautiful isn't it? The weather was great.

The campsite is pretty big; the fifth-wheel will fit nicely.

Check out the oceanview.

We found a fun place to have lunch, Swami's, with lots of healthy stuff.

We found a room in the Point Loma area, settled in, then headed for dinner - Mexican food. It was a belated birthday celebration for Jerry. I didn't take any pictures until after dinner when we went for a walk on Shelter Island.
It was chilly, but beautiful.

The next day we drove to Julian and wandered through the town. It's an old gold mining town that is now a tourist spot. And of course our lunch had to include apple pie - yum!

Peaks like this almost always have a name - this one is Stonewall Peak. Notice the dead trees. There was a big bad fire here about five years ago and you can still see the damage.

We made it to Temecula right before 5:00 and most of the stores were closing so our shopping was curttailed. By then the traffic was in full swing so we found a place to hang out  and have dinner.
It was a fun two days and we decided that we need to go back to Temecula again when the shops are open and we can wander the town.


ETC.
Here's and update on some of the sewing I've been doing.

This first one is  a quilt top from my Tuesday quilt class and is designed by Lyn Brown. The pattern can be found here: 
It's called 'Logs' because it's made with lots of different log cabin blocks. I did mine with scraps from my stash (ala Bonnie Hunter). I think it turned out great. It's at the quilters now so I'll show more pictures when it's quilted and bound.


This one was made from a pack of Chrome, Cheddar & Purple 5" squares I bought at the Road to California Quilt Show. I found this purple on black fabric for the border. I think it works.

Next week my friendship group, Patchwork Pals, will be having a quilt retreat at the lake. I hope to get more finished, especially the Sister's Choice I started in Bonnie's class last month and a few things I want to sell at my guild's Quilt Show boutique.



1 comment:

  1. Love the logs quilt....the border is awesome! And the little 1/4 square triangles quilts is beautiful. Love the pics of the San Diego area.....we used to live there about 15 years ago.

    ReplyDelete