Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lovin' the Retired Life


I must say that I love the retired life. I can find more things to do with all my time.


Sometimes we just sit and watch TV: It helps to have the new DVR that records stuff then you can watch it back and fast forward through all the commercials.

Sometimes we take a trip: We've been to Washington, Alaska, Florida and Costa Rica. Next is the Sacramento Delta, then Washington again, then in the fall Utah.

Sometimes I sew: See my latest project above. And I have been catching up on some of my unfinished quilts plus starting some new ones. Also I'm taking a quilting class for older adults. I know, I know, but it's free and fun.

Sometimes we take a Harley ride: We checked out the newly remodeled Griffith Observatory and a couple of local resturants. And are planning more trips. One thing I want to see is the Pilgrim, a tall ship at Dana Point, that is a kind of floating history lesson. Also, I have never been to the Gene Autry Museum. There are so many things around here that are not far from home that would be a good Harley ride.

Sometimes we say "tomorrow": With so much to do, and so much free time, it's hard to feel time pressures. Oh well.
Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I will try to keep up better.
Later,

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear your retirement is going so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do a lot of things once you retire. A lot of retirees say they're lovin' retirement! Of course, it's 'coz they're more free to do a lot of things! You need only to worry about what to do the next day. :D

    ReplyDelete