Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Heading Home

It's been a while so here's an update:

We had fun at the Daytona Speedway Experience, but we didn't get to take the tram tour out on the speedway because of lightening. Then we went back to Orlando during a storm. We were headed south-west while the tornadoes were headed north-east so they missed us. Then we picked up the up the fifth-wheel and headed home. After giving the grandbabies another hug.

We drove to Tallahassee the first day and it rained the whole way and by the time we got to the planned KOA it was a big mud puddle. We had already decided to just go home since we had to take I-10 home instead of I-40. We had planned to be gone another month but the weather hasn't been good so we are just making a bee-line home.

Many of the RV & KOA places say they have wifi (wireless internet), but at most it isn't powerful enough to actually get online. Today I have a really good connection so I'm trying to catch up.

Two nights ago in Columbus, TX we didn't have wifi or TV, but we had a beautiful sunset and I got some great pictures. Last night at Junction, TX we had weak connections that left when the storm set in. Luckly we had the DVD set for the mini-series Band of Brothers, so we watched a couple of episodes of that - at full volume to hear it over the rain.

Today we made it to Van Horn, TX which is east of El Paso. The sun finally came out about the time we got here and we're very happy to be out of the rain! It looks like there will be a good sunset here so my camera is at the ready.

We should be home this weekend and I'm really anxious to get there. Jerry and crew have been working the whole time we've been gone and although I've seen a few pictures, I can't wait to see it in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment