Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ketchikan

I'm gonna post info about our Alaska Cruise in segments. I have that new camera and I kinda got carried away. I deleted lots of pictures and still ended up with over 600. (I know.) Anyway, we had a great time and I had fun taking pictures of everything! I wanted to remember it all.
Also, the weather was great - it only rained one day. Before we left I checked the 10 day forecast for each port and it showed rain all but one day. Needless, to say we were all happy and the ship's captain tried to take credit for the sunshine.

I'm starting with Ketchikan because it was our first port. We did fly to Vancouver and got on the ship there, but I really don't have anything good to say about the area of Vancouver we were in so I won't.
Going into Ketchikan we saw this sea plane and Ray thought it was pretty cool so I took a picture of it.
I heard (read) about the Alaska Fish House online and had to check it out - esp. the fish & chips and the bread pudding. They were yummy! However, it was not at all what I expected. It really is a fish house - whatever that is. I mean they had all kinds of fishing gear in all sizes, I guess they do charters.

Here's a couple of pictures of the city of Ketchikan. Look at those mountains! We didn't do any tours or trips at this port we just wandered around and shopped.

Then next pictures are of Creek Street. It's buildings and a walkway next to/over a creek. Back in the gold rush days is was the red light district, but today it's all about shopping. Check out the salmon in the creek.
This picture was taken from our balcony just before we sailed away. We had fun here and the weather was in the low 60s. Not bad!
I'll post more later, but I can't promise when because there are so many things I need to get done before my "grand" jury duty in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment