Wednesday, January 18, 2012

More fun With Bonnie and the Caravan Quilters

M & L - yeah baby! We went there Monday.

I love love love taking quilters (and others) to M & L for the first time. The look on their face the comments. This was Bonnie's first time, plus the Caravan quilters that are visiting from around the world and this country too.
We didn't do too much damage and I found a fabric that I want to use for Bonnie's Cheddar Bowtie Challenge.
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2011/07/sisters-sisters-2011-leaderender.html

Yeah, I know she issued the challenge in in July, but I finally found a fabric I want to use (I didn't want to use the Kona solid) and I am finally getting into Leaders & Enders. I'm gonna do it as a Leader & Ender project to see how long it takes me to make enough for a good sized throw quilt.
Here's the first bowtie - isn't it cute? I love this fabric. I even got the green version of it.


After shopping we went to Knott's Berry Farm's Chicken Resturant for a lunch of Chicken Pot Pie (aka Chicken Pot Belly).


Yesterday the workshop was fun. We had lots of non-members who are just fans of Bonnie. If you want to see some of our work check out her blog here:



Today Ray & I took Bonnie to John Wayne Airport for her trip home. Afterward we went to Upper Newport Bay for a walk. We've been there before, a few months ago. It's a very nice place to hike around and there is lots of wildlife, mostly birds.

Then we headed to Huntington Beach and walked to the end of the pier for lunch at Ruby's Diner. It was clear and a bit chilly, but not too bad.

Here's a shot of the pier. 

Quite a few surfers were out today. Ray & I have both surfed in wetsuits (in our younger years) but thought the water looked too cold to go out in today. Brrr!

 Check out this pigeon getting a drink from this drippy faucet. Cute.

It was a fun week. I had a great time with Bonnie. We mostly just hung out when she wasn't doing her quilt work. (Ray was at the lake most of the days.) It was good because she had been going strong all week and she had a chance to rest a bit.


1 comment:

  1. I love that fabric you picked for your bow ties! And I haven't started those, either! Just not sure what color I want to use.....I just did a cheddar quilt, and I'm thinking I need to do something in red! Hmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete